Posts Tagged ‘Self Improvement’
Do you think about Greatness?
I do. I contemplate this in everything!
I don’t know about you but I look for ways to be great. I figure, we only have one life, may as well have a great one. Wouldn’t you agree? It’s not like you can just roll back and do the last hour, day, month, year… over again! Being the best you can be, is by default, pro active. Yes, absolutely, I also believe that if I am to lift anyone else up, or inspire anyone else to do great things, I better come from that position too!
It is a never ending process and often, a conscious effort to overcome what the outside world accepts as great vs what really is great. Greatness comes from inside you not outside.
Be a great Parent, Businessman, Spouse, Giver, Example! This means expecting more from yourself than anyone else would or could.
What are some components that make up Great?
It is important to realize that having a great life will only be accomplished by constantly striving to improve and be great. It is the habits that are a result of our unconscious patterns that will ultimately determine if this is even possible for you. There are things that you do that are outside your awareness that are hindering you. You’ll need to identify those so you can consciously alter them and then institute new behaviors that will through repetition, replace the bad habits. Of course, thats a topic that gets pretty deep and there are specific processes that will facilitate that evolution in a rapid manner (another day though).
For now, lets go into a little exploration:
As you think about yourself being great… how does that exist? When you think of a great life… what’s that like?
Consider a day in the life of you being great.
- How would you wake up?
- If you had a rough day before, what would you think about and visa versa?
- What thoughts go through your mind as you wake up and plan on a great day?
- Do you believe your thoughts even impact the start of your day?
- Do you get up right away or do you lay in bed for a while?
- Do you reflect on yesterday or look towards the the new day?
- How do you breath?
- Do you get up and exercise or not?
- Do you eat breakfast?
- How do you interact with those in your household or close to you (are you excited and happy with a hello good morning or are you quiet and keep to yourself?)
- Do you take the initiative to set the mood in your household with others or do you let them set the mood? Is it a happy, sad, angry mood? Do you take the initiative to change it if it is not in the direction of happiness and joy?
- Do you care?
- Are you mindful of the time or do you just go with the flow?
- Do you allow the interactions of the previous day influence the interactions of this new day? if so, how? Are you improving, ignoring, fixing or enhancing?
- How do you move? Slow or fast? With purpose or no purpose?
- How do you breathe? Deep or shallow? Do you notice the smells? Are you feeling the full expansion of your lungs etc.? Do you notice the temperature of the air?
- Are you present or thinking of the things you need to do next?
Your day always starts with waking up. How you do it sets the stage for the rest of the day. Of course you can change the mood at any time and it is surely much easier to set the stage right from the start!
I look around and I see so much potential. I guess I truly am the eternal optimist. I expect the best from all things. I have not yet accepted that there could really be any downside to this mindset.
Even if you fabricate potential pitfalls to this sort of thinking you must agree that even in our mistakes there is greatness. After all, I would not have the distinctions I have had it not been the sum total of the experiences.
Each action produces a result and those results (desirable or not) are what spur the next action (desirable or not).
Well, that starts the day. soon, I will post the next part of a day!
Your life is your choice and you can make it great. A life that is satisfying to look back on! You get one shot here and it is within each moment that you design a great life. Begin NOW!
I have another blog you may care to check out. John Milanoski Domain.
What are you thoughts? What do you do to make your day great? What things do you struggle with that affect your day? This is a great place to share your thoughts. You may GIVE a solution or idea to someone else or you may RECEIVE one. This is a great place to Ask.